Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 10 oz. package (about 40) marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 6 pretzel rod sticks, broken in half or 12 wooden ice cream sticks
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. shortening
- multi-colored sprinkles
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows, and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well-coated.
- Spray a 1/2-cup measuring cup with cooking spray. Use that to divide the warm mixture into 12 equal portions. Smear butter on your hands. Use buttered hands to form each portion into a ball. Push one pretzel piece or wooden ice cream stick into each ball. Cool completely.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips and shortening. Cook over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Dip the tops of the cooled Rice Krispie treat balls into the melted chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Wrap individually in plastic wrap.