- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups dry white wine, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- To Marinate: Place chicken in a nonporous glass dish or bowl. Pour 1 1/2 cups of wine over chicken, then sprinkle with garlic powder and onion powder. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper for 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding any remaining marinade. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken, adding teriyaki sauce to ‘sear’. Braise with remaining white wine and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Add onion/bell pepper mixture to chicken and heat through, stirring. Serve hot.